The Lagos state police command has denied claims that the incident of jungle justice where a suspected young thief was burnt to death on Saturday November 12th, (read here) happened in Lagos. Recall that a video surfaced online last week showing what many presumed to be a 7 year old boy being burnt to death for allegedly stealing food items.
Investigations carried out by LIB showed that an alleged thief was burnt to death at Alafia, along the Badagry expressway when him and some of his gang members tried to steal the bag of a woman.
However speaking exclusively to LIB this afternoon, the Lagos state Police Command Public Relations Officer, Dolapo Badmos, said the recorded incident never happened in Lagos. When asked to give an update, she said;
“The update is that it did not happen in Lagos. A corpse was removed there and that is the corpse of an adult of about 25 years and investigations revealed that this is someone that attacked a passerby with cutlass and people pounced on him and used the same cutlass on him”.